Fast-Weigh 10 Web Portal
Define all tax codes used within your company’s various locations. Tax codes should correspond with those set up in your third-party accounting system.
**If your organization will be using direct QuickBooks Online integration, click here for instructions on how to add tax codes directly from QBO.
- To set up tax codes, navigate to Resources >> Tax Codes
- Click the [+ New Tax Code] button.
- Enter the tax code and description.
- Percentages must be entered as decimals.
- For example, an 8.25% tax would be entered as 0.0825.
- Enter a GL Account, if your accounting software uses GL.
- Click Update.
- Once tax codes are set up, go to Resources > Customers and edit your customers to assign these codes to each customer record.
- Any orders made for the customer will default to the tax rate assigned to them.
- Remember: the tax code for particular orders can still be changed for each order by editing the products on that order.
We now support a Secondary Tax Rate and calculation to handle additional VAT, City, or local taxes.
- Enable Secondary Tax by going to Administration > Portal Settings and checking the "Use Secondary Tax" box under Other Settings.
- Then, navigate to Resources > Tax Codes and add or edit a tax code to include secondary tax.