Fast-Weigh 10 Web Portal
Setting Up Orders on the Fast-Weigh 10 Web Portal - Fast-Weigh Training Series
CREATING & MANAGING ORDERS
Ticketing cannot be done until there is an order in the system to ticket for. Before an Order can be complete, it must have a Region, Description, Customer, and at least one Product added to it.
1. Establishing New OrdersTo build a new Order, click the [+ New Order ] button.
- Order Number - Automatically assigned by the system. This field cannot be filled or changed by the user.
- Description (required) - Create a name, title, or other description of the Order here.
- Status - Mark the Order active, inactive, or closed.
- Active: orders are currently being ticketed.
- Inactive: orders cannot be ticketed for, but they may be reactivated at some point.
- Closed: orders cannot be ticketed and are generally closed permanently.
- Review Required: If this box is checked, any tickets made for that order cannot be billed or added to a hauler pay statement until the order is reviewed and the Review Required box is unchecked.
- Region (required) - Orders must be linked to a particular Region of operations.
- Direction - Used for the scale house to determine if weighing inbound (e.g. dumping) or outbound (e.g. material sales).
- Ticket Source - Specify which Devices will have access to the Order for a Location.
- Use Haul Zones - Selecting “Yes” for this field turns on Haul Zones for a particular order.
- Customer (required) - Select a Customer for the Order.
- Pay Type - Select the payment type for the Order:
- Charge Show $ / Charge Hide $: Charged to an account with the dollar amount either shown or hidden on the ticket
- Cash, Credit Card, or Check: All of these options display the dollar amount on the ticket.
- Order/Delivery Info - Custom Order/Delivery instructions which will be printed on every ticket.
- Open Order - Used to establish an "All Products Open Order."
- PO Number - Customer-assigned purchase order number.
- Default Job - You may enter a customer job number as a reference.
- Certified - Check this box if this is a Certified Order.
- Load Settings
- Amount Minimum: This is a minimum dollar amount to charge on a ticket at the scale house.
- Load Default: This allows for default load values or truck capacity values to be added to the Order. Typically used when selling material by cubic yard.
- Use Truck Capacity: Use truck volume defined in the Truck setup table.
- Click Save to gain access to the [+Add Product ] button.
2. Assigning Products to an Order (required for ticketing!)
Fast-Weigh 10 allows you to assign an unlimited number of Products to an Order. Products can be assigned from any of the Locations/Yards within the given Order Region.
- Location (required) - Select a Location where this Order Product will be accessible.
- Yard (required) - Select Yard where this Order Product will be accessible.
- Product (required) - Select the Product for the given Yard.
- Unit Price - Material rate.
- By default, Fast-Weigh will load your default pricing for the Customer associated to the Order
- Freight Rate - The amount the Customer is charged when Invoiced.
- Hauler Rate - The amount owed to an external Hauler.
- Freight Type: Set freight charge by load or unit.
- Tax Code - Select appropriate material tax code.
- Surcharge - Surcharges, miscellaneous charges, or fees amount.
- Surcharge Type - Set surcharge type by load or unit.
- Order Quantity - Define a set number of tons or loads for given product.
- Fast-Weigh has the ability to warn your operator or prevent ticketing entirely once an order has reached either a load or unit quantity threshold. For this to work, "evaluate order quantity" must be enabled in the Settings for the Desktop Ticketing Application as well.
- Status - Define status of product on an order (active, inactive, or closed).
- Active Date - The Product will be inactive and hidden from ticketing until this date.
- This feature is linked to a Product on an Order, not the Order itself.
- Expiration Date - After this date, the product will become inactive and cannot be used for ticketing.
- Delivery Date - The target date for delivery of the product.
- Default Phase: If you have a third-party accounting system that uses accounting phases, the Default Phase field integrates directly with those phases.
- Cost Type: Integrates directly with any cost types used in your third-party accounting system.
- Save the Order
NOTE: If you click [+Add Product], but the product you need is not in the list, please return to Resources > Products and make sure the product has pricing set up for the chosen location.
3. Notes & Documents
The Note & Documents tab will allow you to add any internal notes or upload files to use for reference.
- Attached files are only viewable from the Quote Setup screen.
- The Notes field can be mapped to a custom report, if required.
4. Editing an Existing Order
Navigate to the Order List, and click the Edit button on the desired order.
- The Order Edit Screen is exactly the same as the Order Creation Screen.
When you have finished editing the Order, click Save & Close.