Fast-Weigh 10 Desktop Ticketing Application
To find out if you are ready to run Fast-Weigh 10 Desktop at your scale house, please go through this hardware checklist:
- My scale house PC has at least 4GB of RAM and 64GB of hard drive space
- My weight indicator has an RS-232 serial output attached to it, and I have a standard USB-serial adapter to connect the weight indicator to a USB port.
Alternatively, you can broadcast data from the weight indicator to the PC via IP network.
- My scale house PC has enough USB slots for a mouse, keyboard, printer (if not networked), and the USB-serial adapter (if not broadcasted over IP).
- My scale house PC has the latest version of Windows 10. (Be sure to run Windows Update prior to your install).
- I have a Windows 10-compatible printer for printing tickets at the scale house.
- I have ordered perforated 8.5" x 11" paper in my chosen ticket format. (e.g. 3-part perforated ticket paper)
- I have all the required specs for my weight indicator on-hand, including the Baud Rate, Parity, Data Bits, and Stop Bits.
TYPICAL SETUP DIAGRAM:
If you were unable to complete this checklist, please visit one of these articles to learn more about the FW10 Desktop hardware requirements: